Monday, February 3, 2014

Don't Take it Personally

If I don't smile for an extended period of time, don't take it personally.
If I seem "off" in some way, don't take it personally.
If I don't appear to be listening to you, don't take it personally.
If I don't laugh at your joke, don't take it personally.
If my hand is unsteady, don't take it personally.
If I appear tearful, don't take it personally.
If I yawn, don't take it personally.
If I don't want to be around people, don't take it personally.
If my leg shakes when I sit next to you, don't take it personally.
If I forget something, don't take it personally.
If I need to leave work a few minutes early to pick up my daughter as I ache to hug her, don't take it personally.
If I don't go to your house to hang out because I cannot imagine being extroverted, don't take it personally.

This is Depression. This is my Depression. This is me right now.

Don't be put off and don't run away. Give me time and just be there.

And please, don't take it personally.

6 comments:

  1. Your bravery simply astounds me. Every. time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you! Depression is so hard and such a rocky road. Praying that the sun rises and brings with it sunshine and light into your life. xoxo

    ReplyDelete